Unstoppable Forums
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Your Favorite 5-man, and what you would never dare PuG

3 posters

Go down

Your Favorite 5-man, and what you would never dare PuG Empty Your Favorite 5-man, and what you would never dare PuG

Post  Calluv Fri Jul 03, 2009 9:16 pm

I'm bored, and what I'm bored I think of dumb questions.

Who has the right to property on the moon?

How do grapes produce the alcohol in wine?

(Now the questions I want you to answer)

What is your favorite 5-man instance, and why?

And finally, what is the one thing you will never, ever try to PuG (again)?

My favorite 5-man is Blackrock Depths, simply because of the scale and variety. You go in with a good chunk of the instance blocked off to you, but as you progress through what are essentially mini-instances within BRD, you gain access to more areas, more bosses, and are able to finish more quests. It's encounters were also some of the most unique parts of the game at the time (the respawn hallway for instance, and the arena). I was content doing this instance for, literally, over a year.

If you had asked me Pre-Wrath where my Worst PuG was, it would have been Blackrock Spire (both upper and lower), but now, it is Old Kingdom and Oculus. I refuse to go into either of these instances without knowing the majority of the group beforehand, as for some reason most people lose half of their IQ when they zone in and can't kill the shield add or hit 1 of 2 buttons on their drake correctly.

Lets hear some of yours!
Calluv
Calluv
Overlord
Overlord

Back to top Go down

Your Favorite 5-man, and what you would never dare PuG Empty Re: Your Favorite 5-man, and what you would never dare PuG

Post  Kenntgo Fri Jul 03, 2009 9:57 pm

Well since you bring up BRD its a tougher choice for sure... never even really thought about that place as a 5-man or an instance as much as a playground...

If I were to not pick BRD, I would go with Black Morass for my favorite 5-man... I like that concept a lot, though I can't say I know why. For the same reasons I also like Violet Hold, although that place seems a bit like a watered-down version of its ancestor...

I hope to never set foot in Occulus, normal or heroic, ever again. ESPECIALLY with a PuG, heh heh...

Here's hoping that the heroic dungeon daily quest with conquest emblem rewards doesn't roulette to OCC too many times...
...and the same for the normal dungeon daily quest!
Kenntgo
Kenntgo
Officer
Officer

http://sites.google.com/site/unstoppablearchives/

Back to top Go down

Your Favorite 5-man, and what you would never dare PuG Empty Re: Your Favorite 5-man, and what you would never dare PuG

Post  Isyss Sat Jul 04, 2009 5:41 pm

Hmmz..

Worst PUG experience would be Mount Hyjal; and this wasn't even a full pug. (I know it's not a 5 man, does it still count? Razz) It is so freakin sad when people can't sheep casters, can't stay out of Death and Decay after you finally wrestled your way through eight everlasting trash waves, can't seem to click their tears (this is very hard after all, let's not underestimate clicking a button at the right time), can't run away in a straight line from a trail of fire ("do I get a buff when standing in the fire..?")

I don't know how many people in this guild actually killed Archimonde, but if you have attempted the fight you'll undoubtedly share my frustration hehe. Done all of Hyjal way too many times with way too many dumb people. And I never got T6 Sad

I look down on all you pussies who fear Occulus! Razz

Of course everything is twice as hard on Smolderfail.

Favorite instance: I would have to say Stratholme and Culling of Stratholme (heroic). Farmed the first one way too many times, mount never dropped, but I know the place inside out now, it's very fun to dps there as 80. Zarrakk and I go there once in a while when we need runecloth or when we're bored Smile Culling of Stratholme is the funnest heroic to tank ever. Did this 17 (SEVENTEEN!) times before my shield dropped on my human paladin... sigh. But it felt awesome, holy wrath everything, helping Arthas in his evil evil plan (rawr) and being able to see where the next pull is before anyone else in the party does ("Yes, you can see it on your minimap." "No I can't." "Yes you can... look at the direction the arrow points at when your DBM tells you the new wave is up." "Lolwut?" "...Go fuck yourself.")
Isyss
Isyss
Officer
Officer

Back to top Go down

Post  Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down

Permissions in this forum:
You cannot reply to topics in this forum